Coronavirus (COVID-19) guidelines for the building and construction industry
BICC has endorsed guidelines for the Victorian building and construction industry during coronavirus (COVID-19). These guidelines have been adopted by industry unions, associations and employers.
Building Industry Consultative Council (BICC) was established in 2001 as a high-level advisory council to the Minister for Industrial . It is made up of employees, industry associations, unions and government.
BICC advises the Minister on economic and industrial relations issues affecting the building and construction industry.
BICC also engages with state government agencies about the skill requirements and training needs of the building and construction industry.
BICC is made up of an independent Chairperson and members from the following organisations:
- Air Conditioning and Mechanical Contractors' Association
- CEPU – Electrical Division
- CFMEU – Construction and General Division
- CFMEU – Forestry and Furnishing Products Division
- Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
- Development Victoria
- Lend Lease
- Master Builders Victoria
- Master Plumbers and Mechanical Services Association of Australia
- National Electrical and Communications Association, Victorian Chapter
- National Fire Industry Association
- Office of Projects Victoria
- PETU – Plumbing and Pipe Trades Employees Union
- Property Council of Australia
- Victorian Trades Hall Council
Victoria's Women in Construction Strategy
Building Gender Equality: Our strategy to achieve greater representation of women in construction
Sham contracting in the building and construction industry
Find out what makes a contract a 'sham' contract in the building and construction industry, and the difference between employees and contractors
Reviewed 15 November 2021