Industrial Relations Victoria supports Victorian Government departments and agencies with industrial relations matters.
Its Private Sector Industrial Relations unit:
- leads Victorian government participation in the development and maintenance of, and reforms to, the national industrial relations system
- advocates and leads responses and submissions to major industrial relations reviews and inquiries
- develops policy and implements government programs and responses in areas such as on-demand work and the Gig Worker Support Service
- develops and monitors legislation on Victorian industrial relations matters, including:
- long service leave
- child employment
- owner drivers
- labour hire.
- works closely with regulators including:
- provides secretariat support to industry councils in the transport and forestry sectors helping owner drivers and forestry contractors run effective businesses
- promotes gender pay equity initiatives in the private sector through the secretariat to the Equal Workplaces Advisory Council
- monitors private sector industrial disputes and provides advice to the Minister where matters may significantly affect the public interest.
Equal Workplaces Advisory Council
The Equal Workplaces Advisory Council advises the Victorian Government about initiatives that will tackle the gap in women's pay and workforce participation.
Forestry Industry Council
The Forestry Industry Council is responsible for making recommendations to the Minister for Industrial Relations on commercial practices affecting forestry contractors.
Gig Worker Support Service
A Victorian Government initiative to support gig workers, and the first service of its kind in Australia.
Transport Industry Council
The Transport Industry Council is responsible for making recommendations to the Minister for Industrial Relations on commercial practices affecting owner drivers.
Reviewed 03 May 2023