If you've been affected by the 2023-24 Victorian storms and floods, you might be eligible for financial support.
Personal Hardship Assistance Program
The Personal Hardship Assistance Program helps people experiencing financial hardship in emergencies. The program includes emergency relief payments and re-establishment assistance.
Emergency relief payments - Applications closed
Applications for emergency relief payments for the 2023-24 Victorian storms and floods have now closed as of Monday 19 February.
Emergency re-establishment assistance
Emergency re-establishment assistance is available if your home has been damaged by the floods and storms and you:
- do not earn much money
- do not have building or contents insurance
- cannot return home because your home is damaged or destroyed
- cannot return to your home for more than 7 days.
You must show that your home is your primary place of residence.
You can use this money for:
- cleaning up your home
- staying somewhere else
- repairs to your home
- rebuilding your home
- replacing damaged contents.
How to apply
If you think you may be eligible for a re-establishment assistance, please contact your local council.
You can search for your local council on the Know your council page.
Read about Personal Hardship Assistance Program with text and images
Read this information in other languages
- Arabic - PHAP general information (Word)
- Chinese Simplified - PHAP general information (Word)
- Chinese Traditional - PHAP general information (Word)
- Greek - PHAP general information (Word)
- Hindi - PHAP general information (Word)
- Italian - PHAP general information (Word)
- Punjabi - PHAP general information (Word)
- Vietnamese - PHAP general information (Word)
If you would like to support those affected by the Victorian storms and floods, you can donate through the not-for-profit donation service GIVIT.