December 2023-January 2024 Victorian storms and floods

Recovery support for people and communities affected by the December 2023 to mid-January 2024 Victorian storms and floods.

22 and 28 February 2024 Western Victoria bushfires

If you have been affected by the bushfires starting 22 and 28 February 2024, help is available.

Contact your local council or visit the VicEmergency website for more information.

If you are in immediate danger, call 000(opens in a new window).

Emergency Recovery Hotline

Recovery support is available. To get help, you can:

  • fill out the online form, or
  • call the Hotline on 1800 560 760 from 8 am to 7 pm, Monday to Friday and 9 am - 5 pm on weekends. Press 9 for an interpreter.

If you are in immediate danger, call 000.

If you have been affected by the February 2024 Victorian storms, support is available to help you in your recovery.

Find out about our Recovery Support Program.

Councils eligible for support

If you are not sure which council area you are in, visit the Know your council page.

Financial help

If you've been affected by the 2023-24 Victorian storms and floods, you might be eligible for financial support.

Personal Hardship Assistance Program

The Personal Hardship Assistance Program helps people experiencing financial hardship in emergencies. The program includes emergency relief payments and re-establishment assistance.

Emergency relief payments - Applications closed

Applications for emergency relief payments for the 2023-24 Victorian storms and floods have now closed as of Monday 19 February.

Emergency re-establishment assistance

Emergency re-establishment assistance is available if your home has been damaged by the floods and storms and you:

  • do not earn much money
  • do not have building or contents insurance
  • cannot return home because your home is damaged or destroyed
  • cannot return to your home for more than 7 days.

You must show that your home is your primary place of residence.

You can use this money for:

  • cleaning up your home
  • staying somewhere else
  • repairs to your home
  • rebuilding your home
  • replacing damaged contents.

How to apply

If you think you may be eligible for a re-establishment assistance, please contact your local council.

You can search for your local council on the Know your council page.

Read about Personal Hardship Assistance Program with text and images

Personal Hardship Assistance Program - Information in easy English
PDF 2.59 MB
(opens in a new window)

Read this information in other languages

If you would like to support those affected by the Victorian storms and floods, you can donate through the not-for-profit donation service GIVIT.