The Department of Premier and Cabinet’s (DPC’s) vision is to be a recognised and respected leader in whole of Victorian government (WoVG) policy and performance.
DPC’s mission is to support the people of Victoria by:
- helping government achieve its strategic objectives
- providing leadership to the public sector to improve its effectiveness
- promoting collaboration across government to drive performance and improve outcomes.
DPC supports the Victorian Government’s commitment to a stronger, fairer, better Victoria by promoting excellence in government service delivery and reform.
- Providing frank, impartial and timely advice to the government.
- Providing high-quality services to the Victorian community.
- Identifying and promoting best practice.
- Being honest, open and transparent in our dealings.
- Using powers responsibly.
- Reporting improper conduct.
- Avoiding any real or apparent conflicts of interest.
- Striving to earn and sustain public trust of a high level.
- Making decisions and providing advice on merit without bias, caprice, favouritism or self-interest.
- Acting fairly by objectively considering all relevant facts and applying fair criteria.
- Implementing government policies and programs equitably.
- Working to clear objectives in a transparent manner.
- Accepting responsibility for our decisions and actions.
- Seeking to achieve best use of resources.
- Submitting ourselves to appropriate scrutiny.
- Treating others fairly and objectively.
- Ensuring freedom from discrimination, harassment and bullying.
- Using others’ views to improve outcomes on an ongoing basis.
- Actively implementing, promoting and supporting these values.
Commitment to human rights
- Making decisions and providing advice consistent with the human rights set out in the .
- Actively implementing, promoting and supporting human rights.
DPC’s objectives are as follows.
Strong policy outcomes
- Pursuing policy and service delivery excellence and reform.
- Leading the public sector response to significant state issues, policy challenges and projects.
- Supporting the effective administration of government.
- Supporting and promoting full participation in strong and vibrant communities.
- Empowering citizens to participate in policymaking and service design.
- Ensuring a holistic approach to social policy and service delivery.
Professional public administration
- Fostering and promoting a high-performing public service.
- Ensuring effective whole of government performance and outcomes.
- Protecting the values of good public governance, integrity and accountability in support of public trust.
- Empowering our people and investing in our culture.
- Ensuring efficient and effective processes and systems.
- Ensuring good governance and risk management.
Reviewed 29 October 2021