We embrace feedback opportunities, including annual surveys of our performance, and undertake annual self-assessment exercises, which we publicly report on.
We are dedicated to improving outcomes for tenants and building market confidence in the sector through delivering a range of regulatory activities. In this plan, we have focused on reform that promotes more efficient and targeted compliance activities and encourages best practice behaviours within the sector.
For 2022-24, areas of focus will include:
- Improving registration processes and producing new guidance materials. This will aim to reduce burden on interstate providers. We will drive a risk-based approach to registrations to ensure that future community housing is high quality, safe, accessible, fit for purpose and focused on the best outcomes for tenants.
- Releasing guidance that promotes compliance, continuous improvement and encourages best practice behaviour in the sector.
- Improving compliance activities to make them more targeted and timely. We will achieve this through:
- focusing and enhancing the quality of our intelligence gathering and analysis
- increasing our field-based activities, including conducting thorough and timely visits to investigate more complex complaints.
- Adjusting our regulatory approach to respond to emerging risks, including the ongoing impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, and working closely with the Victorian Government on any coordinated response activities.
In 2022-24, we will focus our resources on tenant outcomes and experience, and leveraging our data and intelligence.
Tenant outcomes and experience
- Focus our compliance and investigation activities on areas of greatest impact for tenants, delivered through an annual risk assessment and compliance plan.
- Increase field-based activities to improve our direct understanding of tenant experiences.
Leveraging our data and intelligence
- Develop a compliance framework to identify and prioritise systemic issues and provide transparency for our regulatory response.
- Utilise complaints intelligence to inform compliance and investigation activities.
- Continue to review our risk and intelligence tools.
- Review and improve our data capture and reporting systems.
Reviewed 07 July 2022