What is the MARAM alignment maturity model?
The MARAM maturity model is intended to be one of the key supporting resources of the MARAM Framework.
It will sit alongside the MARAM Practice Guidance and Organisational Embedding Guide, supporting organisations to:
- understand what steps they should take to align with MARAM
- provide guidance on risk assessment and management responsibilities.
The MARAM maturity model will provide a means for organisations to assess their level of progress in taking these alignment steps.
What has been achieved so far?
Since the previous update, sector champions have been engaged in numerous formats – interview questionnaires, workshops and 1-on-1 activity sessions.
Findings from the 1-on-1 sessions were synthesised and highlighted various design components and insights for the development of alignment products to support the MM such as:
- preferred scales and indicators for a maturity matrix
- alignment blockers and pain points for conducting an organisational audit
- user profiles involved in auditing alignment
- intersections with other frameworks the organisations may use
- design prompts and natural groupings for various audit components.
There are 9 sector champions:
- Aldercourt Primary School
- Bendigo Health
- Bethany Community Services
- Early Childhood Australia
- Safe Steps
- Victorian Aboriginal Health Service
- Youth Support and Advocacy Service
What is happening now?
Based on the findings from the 1-on-1 activity sessions, the project team has developed the next activities and support materials for the Sector Champions, including:
- obtaining high level feedback and identifying the process for an organisation to conduct a self-audit
- a real-world test for segments of the self-audit tool.
Procurement is underway to secure a design team to develop and lead further user design on the matrix and self-audit tool.
What is planned next?
Planning is underway to progress the development of policy to support the implementation of the maturity model. It is anticipated to establish a cross-government working group from early 2023.