Family Violence Protection Act 2008
The Multi-Agency Risk Assessment and Management Framework (MARAM) reporting process, legislated in the Act, has 2 stages:
- Under s 192 of the Act, portfolio ministers prepare an annual report for the Minister for the Prevention of Family Violence on the prescribed matters relating to the implementation and operation of MARAM by 30 September (MARAM portfolio reports).
- Under s 193 of the Act, the Minister for the Prevention of Family Violence must prepare a consolidated annual report of the prescribed matters to be tabled within 6 sitting dates after 1 January, in the financial year immediately following the financial year to which the report relates (MARAM consolidated report).
It should be noted that portfolio reports are not tabled but are subject to Freedom of Information requests.
Family Violence Protection (Information Sharing and Risk Management) Regulations 2018
The prescribed matters are:
- actions taken by a public entity or a public service body to support framework organisations and section 191 agencies, in relation to the implementation and operation of the approved framework
- a summary of the progress of implementation of the approved framework by framework organisations and section 191 agencies
- proposed future actions to be undertaken by public entities or public service bodies, to support ongoing implementation and operation by framework organisations and section 191 agencies with the approved framework.