Wage Inspectorate Victoria promotes and enforces Victoria’s:
- wage theft laws
- child employment laws
- long service leave entitlements
- owner driver, forestry contractor, hirer and freight broker obligations.
What we do
- Give practical advice, information and support to employees and employers.
- Conduct targeted information campaigns.
- Investigate complaints.
- Carry out a range of enforcement functions to ensure the laws are being followed.
- Work with other government agencies to ensure fair employment conditions. This includes the , which operates a licensing system for labour hire businesses operating in Victoria.
Under the Wage Theft Act 2020, Robert is responsible for exercising the duties, functions and powers of the Wage Inspectorate under the legislation it enforces.
Freedom of information
Under the Victorian Freedom of Information Act 1982, you have a right to request access to documents held by Victorian public sector agencies, including Wage Inspectorate Victoria.
In accordance with Part II of the Act, we provide an information statement about:
- the Wage Inspectorate and its functions
- the categories of documents we hold
- our freedom of information arrangements
- our publications
- our rules, policies and procedures
- report literature.
Reviewed 13 July 2021