Services for Victorian Government departments and agencies
These services are provided by the Victorian Centre for Data. It's our role to transform the way government uses data so that better policies and services are delivered for the benefit of all Victorians.
Strategic services and advice
We offer services to support the development of your organisation’s data strategy. As well as helping you to define your strategic vision, we can provide:
- help to identify your organisation’s workforce capability and data governance gaps
- resources and advice to build capability in your workforce
- advice on data management, governance and ethics
- guidance on what works well elsewhere in government that you can learn from
Immersive support and training
We offer tailored training and coaching that works to build high-performing, data-driven teams. Our immersive approach focuses on implementing change on the ground with teams operating in the performance, evaluation and analytics space.
We can provide:
- help to understand the areas where your team can improve and be more data-driven
- coaching on best practice ways of working to achieve your objectives
- advice and resources on tailored professional development for staff and executives
- access to networking opportunities, including the VPS Data Analytics and Insights Community of Practice
Analytics and insights services
We partner with Victorian public service organisation’s to conduct data projects that use analytics.
We bring together and analyse data to enhance your understanding about what works, and why. We’ll take you through the full analytics process – including diagnosing your business problem to helping design, develop and deploy solutions. We can work with you to:
- explore and understand how data can address important business problems
- co-design analytics solutions to the problems you have identified
- develop data analytics and statistical models
- embed new analytics solutions to inform policy making and service design
We can also help resolve common business problems, including:
- enabling more effective targeted services
- identifying which projects would achieve the greatest value first
- identifying early intervention points
- optimising or better distributing resources
How we work
We work with teams and organisations that demonstrate a clear commitment to change and to become data-driven – starting with the leadership group.
Our services are offered on a partnership basis and we work closely with our project partners.
Reviewed 04 March 2019