Reliable and comprehensive data is a key part of Recycling Victoria’s role
Through improved data collection, analysis and reporting, Recycling Victoria will:
- develop and implement strategies and plans to foster sustainable, resilient and effective markets to support the transition to a circular economy
- ensure that waste and recycling services are reliable, transparent and meet community expectations
- support innovation in waste and recycling services.
Expanding Victoria’s waste data systems is a key commitment of the government’s circular economy plan.
Recycling Victoria will:
- manage and expand Victoria’s waste data systems
- measure against its regulatory purpose
- provide public access to data, insights, and market intelligence.
Current waste and recycling data is available at Waste data, insights and on Sustainability Victoria.
Government agencies implementing the government’s circular economy plan can login to Power .
Sustainability Victoria’s Data, Insights and Intelligence function is now part of Recycling Victoria. Recycling Victoria will continue to deliver the data reporting functions that have been provided by Sustainability Victoria.
Subject to the development of regulations, Recycling Victoria will have powers relating to data collection which will deliver more and improved data.
Reviewed 28 June 2022