Department of Education and Training
Higher Education and Skills
Participation, Inclusion and Regional Engagement — Branch Memo
- Registered Learn Local providers - ALL
- Statewide providers
- ACFE Board
- ACFE Regional Councils
- PIRE Branch staff
From: Jeanette Nagorcka, Executive Director, Adult, Community and Further Education
Subject: Expression of Interest Process for ACFE 2022 training delivery: Learner Engagement A-frame Program (LEAP), Digital Skills, and General Pre-accredited Training
Actions / Critical Dates:
- Expressions of Interest (EOI) for ACFE 2022 training delivery, including Learner Engagement A-frame Program (LEAP), Digital Skills and General Pre-accredited Training, open on Tuesday, 7 September 2021.
- Please download and review the check eligibility requirements and submit your Delivery Plan and A-frames by Thursday, 7 October 2021.
- for an information session on Thursday, 9 September or Tuesday, 14 September 2021 (see t) and attend a Regional Forum in your local area.
- Contact your regional office if you have any questions or need assistance.
The Learn Local sector plays a vital role in changing the lives of thousands of Victorians each year by supporting learners to achieve their learning goals. It provides opportunities for people to re-engage with education and training, participate in positive learning experiences, and gain the confidence and skills they need to improve their lives and take the next steps towards their future, whether further study, gaining employment, or maintaining employment by upskilling or changing careers.
The ACFE Board has developed a multiyear strategy that builds on the achievements of the sector to date, encourages innovation, and optimises the sector’s position in the adult education and training landscape into the future.
The delivery of ACFE Board-funded training programs is a core component of this work.
This EOI commences the planning and allocation process for training to be delivered in 2022, aligned to the needs of learners in local communities.
In addition, the ACFE Board is supporting the department to develop training resources and other supports to assist providers in this endeavour. Some resources are available to the sector now such as digital literacy courses, pathways into further study and work, and industry contextualised training - with more coming online in the coming months. These can be used as is (wholly or components) or customised to meet local community needs. Providers are encouraged to look at these resources as well as their own, when planning their EOI responses.
Expressions of Interest
Expressions of Interest (EOI) are now open for ACFE 2022 training delivery, including Learner Engagement A-frame Program (LEAP), Digital Skills, and General Pre-accredited Training program streams.
cover application processes, eligibility and assessment criteria for LEAP, Digital Skills and General Pre-accredited Training.
Only providers applying for 2022 Digital Skills or General Pre-accredited Training Delivery are eligible to apply for LEAP.
To reduce administration requirements, the EOI processes for all program streams are covered in the same EOI guidelines.
To be eligible to submit an EOI, you must:
- Be registered with the Adult, Community and Further Education (ACFE) Board, or be covered by the Education and Training Reform Act 2006.
- Have a current satisfactory, or have a current Skills First government subsidised accredited training contract.
- Upload your BGS (including financial statements) into SAMS. All BGS are due 30 September 2021. If a BGS is not received by this date, the Department cannot offer you a Service Plan for ACFE Board LEAP, Digital Skills or General Pre-accredited Training.
Regional office staff are available if you need assistance with completing your Delivery Plan. Your regional office will also be in contact regarding upcoming regional forums.
If you wish to deliver pre-accredited training in 2022, but have not delivered in 2021, please contact your regional office as soon as possible.
Regional Office Contact details
Reviewed 05 July 2023