Mutual recognition - register as an architect in Victoria

If you are registered as an architect in another Australian state or territory, New Zealand or select other countries you may be able to take the mutual recognition pathway to register as an architect in Victoria.

Mutual recognition schemes allow architects who are registered in other Australian states or territories, New Zealand and select other countries to register as architects in Victoria without completing a formal assessment or examination.

To be eligible for mutual recognition from another Australian jurisdiction or New Zealand, you must:

  • be currently registered as an architect by a relevant registration board
  • have professional indemnity insurance.

Mutual recognition arrangements are also in place with the following countries:

Reviewed 02 July 2021

Was this page helpful?