Top 10 road safety cameras for infringements issued
|Camera site||Number of infringements issued|
|At The Intersection Of Warrigal Road And Batesford Road, Chadstone - Lane 1, 2, 3||51,519|
|At The Intersection Of Flinders Street And William Street, Melbourne - Lane 1, 2, 3||44,144|
|At The Intersection Of Fitzroy Street And Lakeside Drive, St Kilda - Lane 1, 2, 3||41,054|
|At The Intersection Of Exhibition Street And Victoria Street, Melbourne - Lane 1, 2, 3||18,856|
|West Gate Freeway, Brooklyn, Eastbound, Grieve Parade Bridge - Lane 1, 2, 3, 4||18,408|
|At The Intersection Of Geelong Road And Droop Street, Footscray - Lane 1, 2, 3, 4||17,112|
|Princes Freeway, Point Cook, Forsyth Road Bridge, Geelong Bound - Lane 1, 2, 3, 4||16,058|
|Western Ring Road, Approximately 1600 metres West of Sydney Road, Broadmeadows - Lane 4||15,566|
|Princes Freeway, Hoppers Crossing, Forsyth Road Bridge, Melbourne Bound - Lane 1, 2, 3, 4||15,403|
|At The Intersection of Maroondah Highway and Approximately 100 metres West of Hutchinson Street - Westbound, Lilydale - Lane 1, 2||13,873|
- The top four road safety cameras for infringements issued in 2016-17 were all 40km/h sites.
- The road safety camera with the most infringements in 2016-17 has not changed from the previous year. However, infringements for this camera have decreased by 8.9 per cent.
Total infringements for speeding and red-light offences
Infringement volumes for speeding and red-light offences decreased by 4.3 per cent from 1,439,258 in FY 2015-16 to 1,377,906 in FY 2016-17.
Speeding infringements (fixed and mobile cameras)
|Exceed speed by less than 10 km/h||923,074||978,848|
|Exceed speed by 10 km/h but less than 15 km/h||203,435||200,7162|
|Exceed speed by 15 km/h but less than 25 km/h||79,162||70,769|
|Exceed speed by 25 km/h but less than 30 km/h||8,670||7,297|
|Exceed speed by 30 km/h but less than 35 km/h||4,295||3,570|
|Exceed speed by 35 km/h but less than 40 km/h||2,361||1,874|
|Exceed speed by 40 km/h but less than 45 km/h||1,134||1,020|
|Exceed speed by 45 km/h or more||1,181||1,156|
|Exceed speed more than 20 km/h in 110 km/h zone||552||593|
- Speeding infringements detected by both fixed and mobile cameras decreased by 3.3 per cent from 1,265,843 in 2015-16 to 1,223,864 in 2016-17.
- Speeding infringements for less than 10 km/h decreased by 5.7 per cent from 978,848 in 2015-16 to 923,074 in 2016-17.
- Speeding infringements for 35 km/h more than the posted limit but less than 40 km/h increased by 26 per cent from 1,874 in 2015-16 to 2,361 in 2016-17.
Total infringements for red-light offences
There was a 11.2 per cent decrease in total infringements for red-light offences from 2015-16 to 2016-17.
Reviewed 01 May 2023