Before suggesting a location, we recommend you check to see how camera locations are chosen, if there's already a camera nearby or if there are roadworks that will change the existing conditions.
This form is only to be used/submitted for the suggestion of a fixed camera location.
If you wish to suggest a possible mobile camera location or would like to request other forms of police enforcement, please contact Crime or Victoria .
The assessment process
Every suggestion is referred to the Fixed Camera Site Selection Committee (the Committee) for assessment, using the process below:
- Submit your suggestion.
- Your submission is referred to the Committee.
- The Committee makes its initial assessment.
- If they assess it as suitable for a camera:
- Technical assets inspection takes place.
- Committee completes its final assessment.
- Outcome: recommendation for a camera provided to or submission is closed.
- If they assess it as not suitable for a camera:
- Outcome: your suggestion is referred to appropriate agency for alternative action or submission is closed.
Suggest a camera location
Please be aware: in the previous version of this form you were able to pin your suggested location on a map. This feature is currently unavailable.
Due to the large volume of suggestions and the level of attention given to each, it may take some time for the Committee to complete an evaluation of your nominated location.
If you provide your contact details, we'll notify you directly of the outcome of your submission as soon as the Committee's assessment is complete.
Frequency of new camera installation and site suitability
The Committee receives a large volume of suggestions from the public to enhance road safety enforcement on Victorian roads. The Committee carefully considers each requests, taking into account factors including the crash history, environmental, and engineering suitability of suggested sites.
Additionally, the Committee may refer sites that are not suitable for installation of a fixed camera to other agencies for more appropriate enforcement action. These agencies include Victoria Police, the Department of Transport, and local councils.
Reviewed 02 May 2023