Photos and data captured by certified road safety cameras can be used as evidence of a speeding or red light offence, in accordance with the Road Safety Act .
Camera test certificates may be admitted in court as evidence to show the camera has been tested and is operating correctly.
Photos captured by fixed road safety cameras show:
- location of the offence
- the vehicle
- close-up of the vehicle’s number plate.
Additional data collected includes:
- date and time of the offence
- location of the camera
- direction the vehicle was travelling
- which lane the vehicle was travelling in
- speed of the vehicle (for speeding offences only)
- speed limit at the location of the offence (for speeding offences only)
- time elapsed after the traffic light turned red (for red light offences only).
View an image of your traffic offence
If you have received a traffic infringement notice (fine) that was captured by a road safety camera (excluding tolling fines), you can view an image of your offence by visiting
Reviewed 01 May 2023