Department of Education and Training
Higher Education and Skills
Adult, Community and Further Education (ACFE) Division Memo
- Registered Learn Local providers
- Statewide providers
- ACFE Board
- ACFE Regional Councils
- Learn Local stakeholders
- ACFE Division staff
From: Jeanette Nagorcka, Executive Director, Adult, Community and Further Education Division
Subject: The updated Pre-accredited Initial Assessment Kit is (PRIAK) now available on the Learn Local Secure Portal.
Actions / Critical dates:
PRIAK 2.0 is now available for download on the Learn Local Secure Portal. Register to attend an online information session on the new features of PRIAK on 17 February 2022 at 10:30am.
The updated Pre-accredited Initial Assessment Kit is (PRIAK) now available on the Learn Local Secure Portal for use by registered Learn Locals.
During the trialling of the Skills for Work and Study literacy and numeracy resources in 2021, the need for a placement tool that would support providers in placing learners in the appropriate ACSF level became apparent. PRIAK was reviewed and updated to align more closely with the industry contextualised literacy and numeracy content in these courses.
The updated kit includes several new features:
- a section on practice measures
- generic and more industry-specific assessment tools, all aligned to the ACSF and based on the seven Skills for Work and Study industry areas
- numeracy assessment tasks.
The PRIAK has been divided into two volumes:
- Volume 1: This user guide introduces the Pre-Accredited Initial Assessment Kit (PRIAK). It provides background information about the development of the kit and its primary purpose. Guiding principles of good assessment practices are also explained.
- Volume 2: All the assessment tasks, including detailed instructions on each task.
You can download PRIAK from the Learn Local secure portal.
Reviewed 21 August 2023