Department of Education and Training
Higher Education and Skills
Participation, Inclusion and Regional Engagement — Branch Memo
- Registered Learn Local providers
- Statewide providers
- ACFE Board
- ACFE Regional Councils
- PIRE Branch staff
From: Jeanette Nagorcka, Executive Director, Adult, Community and Further Education
Subject: Digital Essentials teaching resources now available
- Digital Essentials curriculum and teaching resources available on the Learn Local website.
The Digital Essentials program is designed to equip learners with the digital skills to engage in life or in accredited training.
The Digital Essentials initiative includes 2 programs:
- Digital Essentials Level 1 is a 30-hour pre-accredited program that is designed to help learners understand the basics of various areas of technology, including different digital devices, their functionality and the ways people can use these devices to connect with others and access services over the Internet.
- Digital Essentials Level 2 is a 30-hour pre-accredited program is designed to build on the Digital Essentials Level 1 program. This program will extend learners understanding of technology required to succeed in life and accredited training. It includes the use of Word, writing emails or day to day technology.
Both programs include a range of curriculum and teaching resources including:
- Course plan
- Teacher Workbook
- Learner Workbook
- Other resources such as MS PowerPoint slide packs.
Curriculum and teaching resources are now available on the ALA Learn Local along with Skills for Work and Study and Pathways to TAFE. They are available for educational use at registered Learn Locals (as prescribed under the Copyright Act 1968). The password is 'local'.
If you have further questions about Digital Essentials, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reviewed 13 September 2021