Department of Education and Training
Higher Education and Skills Group
ACFE Division - Memo
- Registered Learn Local providers
- ACFE Board
- ACFE Regional Councils
- Adult education institutions
- PIRE Branch staff
From: Jeanette Nagorcka Executive Director ACFE Division
Date: 26 April 2022
Subject: New professional development opportunities: VDC Learn Local programs
Actions and deadlines
The VET Development Centre on behalf of the Department of Education and Training is offering free online professional learning for Learn Local provider staff commencing mid-May.
There are 2 series of professional development, one for educators and the other for leaders.
For educators there is a refreshed Teaching Vulnerable Learners - Journey to Success series. The 4-part series comprises:
- Teaching Strategies to Improve Learning (begins 16 May)
- Engagement for Success (begins 21 July)
- Building Learner Support and Wellbeing (begins 11 August)
- Supporting Learner Pathways (begins 13 October)
Each part comprises 2 90-minute sessions and a one-hour session spread over 3 weeks.
Registrants for each part need to attend all 3 online sessions and allow time to complete activities prior to each session.
Learn Local educators can register for the Teaching Vulnerable Learner at the VET Development Centre website.
For Learn Local leaders there is a refreshed 2-part Professional Leadership series on the topics:
- Introduction to VET and Learn Local Governance (begins 19 July)
- Strategic Planning and Financial Management (begins 26 July)
Leaders of pre-accredited training can register for the Professional Leadership at the VET Development Centre website.
Reviewed 28 April 2022