Department of Education and Training
Higher Education and Skills
Adult, Community and Further Education (ACFE) Division Memo
- Registered Learn Local providers
- Statewide providers
- ACFE Board
- ACFE Regional Councils
- Learn Local stakeholders
- ACFE Division staff
From: Jeanette Nagorcka, Executive Director – Adult, Community and Further Education Division
Date: 28 March 2022
Subject: Round 2 open for Learn Local Industry Just in Time initiative
Actions and critical dates
- Express interest for Round 2 of the Learn Local Industry Just in Time initiative, noting the dates received EOIs will be assessed.
- Review the Just in Time initiative guidelines (Attachment 1 below).
- Submit your EOI (at end of Attachment 1) by email to email@example.com with the title Just in Time and name of the organisation and CC your regional office.
- Email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or to your regional office.
Learn Local Industry Just in Time Initiative
Round 2 of the Learn Local Industry Just in Time initiative is open for Expressions of Interest (EOI) from Learn Local providers who have a started relationship with a business and to support development of pre-accredited training programs that cater for both jobseekers and existing workers.
The ACFE Board is committed to supporting strong and collaborative partnerships between Learn Locals and employers to drive employment outcomes for educationally disadvantaged adult learners. The Ministerial Statement on the Future of Adult Community Education in Victoria 2020–25 highlights the importance of Learn Local partnerships with local employers that support direct pathways to work.
The Learn Local Industry Just in Time initiative intends to address an immediate business need for pre-accredited training. The initiative does not fund the pre-accredited training component. The initiative will cover the cost of services such as:
- administration (it does not include operational costs)
- industry brokerage
- legal advice
- initial assessment and placement tools to assess employees and business needs
- teaching and learning resources and program overview.
Round 2 of the Learn Local Industry Just in Time initiative is open until October 2022 or until all funds available are exhausted.
All Learn Local providers interested in applying for this initiative please review the Just in Time initiative guidelines below and submit an expression of interest on the form attached. Applications can be made any time until 31 October 2022.
Evaluations and selections will occur for applications received by these dates for as long as there are funds available:
- COB Thursday 21 April 2022
- COB Thursday 30 June 2022
- COB Tuesday 30 August 2022
- COB Monday 31 October.
Learn Local Industry Just in Time initiative contracts will be for 6 months duration.
For more information, please see:
Reviewed 28 March 2022