Department of Jobs, Skills, Industry and Regions
Skills and Employment
Adult, Community and Further Education (ACFE) Branch memo
- Registered Learn Local providers
- Statewide providers
- ACFE Board
- ACFE Regional Councils
- Learn Local stakeholders
- ACFE Division staff
From: A/Executive Director, Adult, Community and Further Education
Subject: International Specialised Skills Institute – 2024 Round 1 Fellowships now open
- Eligible applicants are encouraged to apply for round 1 of the ISS Institute International VET Practitioner Fellowships. More information (including the application form and guidelines) is available on the ISS Institute website.
- Round 1 of the fellowship applications for 2024 are open from 1 December 2023 to 7 April 2024.
2024 International VET Practitioner Fellowships
The Victorian Skills Authority (VSA) works in partnership with the International Specialised Skills (ISS) Institute by funding the VET International Practitioner Fellowships. The fellowship program focuses on developing opportunities within the vocational education and training (VET) sector to assist in building a VET system in Victoria that produces excellence and reduces the impact of disadvantage. In addition, the program is funded to support the priorities of Skills First, including developing capacity and capability, innovative training practices and increasing teacher quality within the VET sector as well as building industry capability and developing Victoria’s current and future workforce.
Why the ISS Institute?
The ISS Institute is a not-for-profit, independent, national organisation that has worked for 30 years with Australian governments, industries and education institutions to enable individuals to gain enhanced skills and experience in traditional trades, professions, leading edge technologies and education and training.
The ISS Institute Fellowship program explicitly recognises that specialised skills and knowledge gaps exist within Australian industries and that there is a need to create a more responsive, innovative, industry driven approach to up-skilling of the Australian workforce for the global marketplace.
About the Fellowships
The ISS Institute International VET Practitioner Fellowships are grants that support VET practitioners to travel overseas and undertake applied research in their area of expertise. Upon returning for their travels fellows share their newfound knowledge and expertise within in their networks, institutions and across the sector.
Fellowships of $13,000 each are available to VET practitioners, who are employed within Victorian Government contracted registered training organisations (RTOs), including TAFEs, private RTOs and Adult, Community and Further Education (ACFE) Board registered Learn Local providers. Fellowships are also available to VSA Industry Advisory Group members and their executive officers.
Those eligible are invited to apply for fellowships that will support the continued development of VET delivery in one or more of the following priority areas:
- Developing quality training with deep and meaningful connections to emerging or ongoing industry needs.
- Developing educational approaches that support inclusion and increase participation.
- Developing education and training that supports the skills needed for a clean economy.
Overseas fellowship research may include (but is not limited to), meeting knowledgeable leaders; conducting interviews; observation; immersion in workplaces; undertaking specialised training; or attending a specialist conference. Further to the networks established overseas throughout the fellowship, fellows must also develop local connections with the education sector in Victoria to ensure the knowledge being gained from the proposed fellowship is being shared and/or applied within the education and training sector as well as relevant industries.
The successful fellow must complete a minimum of 3 dissemination sessions upon completion of their report and present on their findings to the VSA. There are also opportunities for a fellow to participate in workshops, conferences or other presentations, as identified by VSA and/or the ISS Institute in relation to their report and findings.
How to apply for this Fellowship?
To apply for this fellowship, you are required to:
- Complete the application form.
- Provide a current curriculum vitae (resume).
- Provide 2 letters of support which indicate that your fellowship field is relevant and will benefit the industry (e.g. peak industry bodies, government agencies, professional associations).
- Provide an employer endorsement letter indicating that you will be supported to meet the obligations associated with this fellowship (this letter should be from your current CEO, director or manager).
Further information and contact details