Who is leading the change
- Family Safety Victoria
The Victorian Government expand an existing website or create a new website, to provide information for:
- victims of all forms of family violence—including victims who face particular barriers to obtaining help—about where and how they can seek help
- families, friends and community networks, to help them recognise family violence, support victims and support perpetrators who are seeking help to change their behaviour
The website development was supported by rigorous user research. This research and user testing informed the language, tone and content of the website – including culturally sensitive wording for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTIQ communities and translations for culturally and linguistically diverse communities. The website also conforms with the requirements of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 levels A and AA to ensure it is accessible for people with disability.
This evidence-informed approach will be used as content and functionality is continuously refined, to ensure the needs of the diverse range of people looking for information, help and support are met to the highest standards.
The Orange Door website – – is live, offering a digital resource for all Victorians to find engaging, clear and easy-to-understand information about family violence for all Victorians.
The website provides information about where and how to seek help for people who have experienced all forms of family violence – including those who face particular barriers to getting help. The website is also designed to help families, friends and community networks to:
- recognise family violence
- help people who have experienced family violence
- support people who have used family violence to change their behaviour
Reviewed 17 May 2020