Located 35km to the south east of Melbourne, Greater Dandenong City Council covers 129 square kilometres and has a population of over 169,000 people. The central activities district is Melbourne's second largest retail and commercial centre and includes large shopping complexes at Dandenong and Keysborough as well as the highly popular Dandenong Market.
It is also the most culturally diverse locality in Australia, with residents from over 150 different birthplaces, nearly two-thirds of whom were born overseas. Key industries include manufacturing, health care and social assistance, retail trade, wholesale trade and transport.
Bangholme, Dandenong, Dandenong North, Dandenong South, Keysborough, Lyndhurst, Noble Park, Noble Park North, Springvale and Springvale South.
Vicmap Basemap Services @ 2023 State Government Victoria | Copyright and Disclaimer
For a detailed map showing shire boundaries and locality names, visit VICNAMES.
- Cleeland - Cr Angela Long
- Dandenong North- Cr Bob Milkovich
- Dandenong - Cr Jim Memeti
- Keysborough South- Cr Rhonda Garad
- Keysborough - Cr Tim Dark
- Noble Park North - Cr Lana Formoso - Deputy Mayor
- Noble Park- Cr Sophie Tan
- Springvale Central - Cr Richard Lim
- Springvale North - Cr Sean O'Reilly
- Springvale South- Cr Loi Truong
- Yarraman - Cr Eden Foster - Mayor
Australian Bureau of Statistics demographics
Aboriginal community profile
Victorian Local Government Grants Commission