Department of Education and Training
Higher Education and Skills
Adult, Community and Further Education (ACFE) Division Memo
- Registered Learn Local providers — ALL
- Statewide providers
- ACFE Board
- ACFE Regional Councils
- Learn Local stakeholders
- PIRE Branch staff
From: Jeanette Nagorcka, Executive Director — ACFE Division
Subject: Learn Local Professional Practice and Recognition Framework
Actions / Critical Dates:
Register to learn about a Professional Practice and Recognition Framework for Learn Local providers on Wednesday 17 August from 3 pm to 3.45 pm
Register to have your say on a draft Professional Practice and Recognition Framework in one of these six sessions:
- Monday 22 August, 10 am to 11 am
- Wednesday 24 August, 11 am to 12 pm
- Wednesday 24 August, 4 pm to 5 pm
- Monday 29 August, 11 am to 12 pm
- Monday 29 August, 3 pm to 4 pm
- Wednesday 31 August, 3 pm to 4 pm
Development of a Professional Practice and Recognition Framework is one of the ACFE Board’s key priorities for 2022, to describe the collective of professional practices (knowledge and skills) that a Learn Local workforce performs to be successful.
A first attempt at identifying these wide-ranging practices has been made by Escalier McLean Consulting in a draft Professional Practice and Recognition Framework. This draft Framework has been provided to every Learn Local via their regional office along with a Consultation paper.
The draft Framework is a state-wide perspective. Not all practices may be performed at the one Learn Local nor might there be staff at all descriptor levels of practice. It is important that Learn Local staff can see in the Framework the practices they perform and that their wording is as they use and understand. This will greatly aid Framework use as aimed:
- To explain and have recognised the breadth of professional practices Learn Local providers perform,
- For Learn Local staff to self-assess their skills and knowledge and identify their professional goals
- For ACFE Board to fund professional development responsive to Learn Local workforce needs.
Sign up for the session on 17 August 2022 to learn about the draft Professional Practice and Recognition Framework for Learn Local providers. Sign up to have your say on the draft Professional Practice and Recognition Framework in one of six repeat feedback sessions between Monday 22 August and Wednesday 31 August.