Local Economic Recovery program
The $68.6 million Local Economic Recovery (LER) program is jointly funded by the Australian and Victorian Governments and will fund local projects vital for community recovery, support economic stimulus projects, and boost industry and jobs across bushfire-affected regions.
The Commonwealth and the Victorian Governments have each provided $34.3 million towards this program, with $68.6 million available for projects and programs in:
- East Gippsland Shire
- Wellington Shire
- Towong Shire
- Alpine Shire
- Indigo Shire
- Mansfield Shire
- Rural City of Wangaratta
- Wodonga City
- Falls Creek Alpine Resort
- Mount Hotham Alpine Resort
- Mount Buller & Mount Stirling Alpine Resort
Local Community Project Grants
The Local Community Project Grants will support projects that are important to achieving the aspirations and priorities of local communities. Successful applicants for Round 2 will be awarded in May 2021.
How your application will be assessed
- Local community benefit:
- Applicants must explain how the project addresses a need of one or more communities that has arisen due to the impacts of the 2019–20 bushfires, including a description of how the fires have impacted the community targeted by the project, and more.
- Local participation and support:
- Applicants must demonstrate that the project is supported by the community by seeking a Letter of Support from their local Community Recovery Committee, where one exists. Additional supporting evidence may be obtained from Councils, Chambers of Commerce or other organisations in the community.
- Alignment with recovery plans:
- Applicants must demonstrate how the project aligns to and supports one or more of the medium–long term recovery needs identified in the State Recovery Plan, Community Recovery Plan or Municipal Recovery Plans, and more.
- Long term outcomes:
- Applicants must demonstrate clearly how the proposed project will achieve positive long-term outcomes for a bushfire-affected community, and more.
- Project feasibility and delivery:
- Applicants must demonstrate how the project will be delivered, the anticipated completion date, that project costs are accurate and reasonable, and more.
Reviewed 13 April 2021