Victorian. And proud of it. is the Victorian Government’s multicultural policy statement.
We want to make sure that all Victorians can enjoy the social, cultural and economic benefits of a dynamic and diverse society. We commit to remain cohesive and ensure every Victorian has the opportunity to be part of our state’s success.
The policy includes the following initiatives:
- $15 million to assist new arrivals to learn English and find a job
- $4 million Multicultural Sports Fund
- an education program so all Victorians are aware of their rights and responsibilities under the law
- digital literacy initiatives to help young people recognise online extremism
- Right to Debate initiatives to promote civil debate
- to reduce and prevent unconscious bias in the workplace
Download the Multicultural Policy Statement:
Download a brochure about the policy in various languages:
Reviewed 30 August 2019