Writing a good grant application is difficult, which is why we've put together the following tips to assist you to develop a strong grant application.
Tip 1: Check that your organisation is eligible to apply
Before you get started check that your organisation is eligible to apply for the grant.
- read the Grant Program Guidelines
Tip 2: Prepare your application
To prepare your grant application take some time to:
- check the application close date
- check what evidence or documents you will need to include
- review grant application instructions
Tip 3: Research how much your project will cost
Before writing your grant application and project plan research how much your project will cost.
- seek quotes for all components of your grant project
- not inflate costs
Tip 4: Consider what other funding sources are available
When researching your project cost, consider what other funding sources are available and include this in your grant application.
Other funding sources could include:
- other government departments (state and federal)
- local councils
- philanthropic organisations
- members of Parliament
- local businesses
- in-kind contributions
Tip 5: What to include in your grant application
When writing your grant application make sure you define:
- what you hope the project will achieve
- who will benefit from the project
- how the project matches the aim of the grant program
To check that you've included this, ask yourself:
- Who will your project target?
- What will your project achieve?
- When will your project be held?
- Where will you project run?
- Why is your project important?
- How will you run your project?
Tip 6: What to include in your project plan
When writing your grant project plan make sure you include:
- a description of your project
- how your project will be undertaken
- a budget outlining all costs
- a timeline of when key deliverables will be achieved
- a evaluation of how you will measure the successful of your project
We encourage multicultural and multifaith groups to apply for grants to fund projects, events and initiatives that preserve, celebrate and promote their culture, faith or community.
Multicultural grants auspice and partnership applications
Information organisations need to know when applying for a multicultural grant under an auspice or partnership arrangement
Reviewed 23 August 2019