We want Victoria to be a valued knowledge and business partner to India.
We developed this strategy in collaboration with our Indian government and industry partners.
The directions in this 10-year strategy are about strengthening our relationship based on:
- equal exchange
- meaningful engagement
- our personal connections
- a long-term commitment to the relationship.
We're building a close relationship with India to
- increase goods exports to India from an annual average of AU$500 million over the last five years to almost AU$1 billion
- increase the number of Indian postgraduate research students in Victoria by 25%
- double the number of Victorian businesses engaged in India from 150 to 300
- grow expenditure by Indian visitors to Victoria from AU$367 million to AU$885 million
This strategy was released in January 2018.
Download the 48-page strategy document:
Reviewed 21 January 2019