- Priority area: Communication
- Primary audience: Educators
- Delivery mode: Group training
- Strength of evidence: Level 3 – Promising research evidence
- AEDC sub-domains: Communication skills and general knowledge
- Item cost: Moderate ($200–$2,000 per person/item)
The Australian Kodály Certificate is awarded on completion of a professional development course. This course provides pre-service and current classroom and studio music teachers with the skills and knowledge to deliver a sequential, cumulative, developmental and aural-based music curriculum.
The certificate costs between $900 and $1,700 depending on a teacher’s circumstances. Contact provider for details.
- Target population: educators.
- Program/practice descriptions and details: the certificate is normally completed part-time over three years. Educators would be expected to complete a three-year sequence in the area of specialisation: early childhood.
- Staffing: services should consider the cost of backfill when determining the cost of accessing this resource.
- Training requirements: Kodály training for music teachers is available through the Kodály Music Education Institute of Australia.
- Factors to consider: educators must make a three-year commitment to complete the training.
Item uses these practice principles
Item responds to these sub-outcomes
- Children interact verbally and non-verbally with others for a range of purposes
- Children begin to understand how symbols and pattern systems work
- Children express ideas and make meaning using a range of media