All organisations that provide services to children or provide facilities specifically for children that are supervised by the organisation must be compliant with the Standards. This covers post-school education and training providers, including TAFEs, RTOs and universities.
This content has been developed to support VET and higher education providers in Victoria to meet their obligations under the child safe standards.
Guidance for providers
This guidance provides background to the standards, a summary description of the standards, possible high-risk circumstances that providers may consider in developing their response to the standards, links to general resources and contacts for further information.
- Guidance for TAFEs and registered training organisations (PDF, 453KB)
- Guidance for TAFEs and registered training organisations word Version (DOCX, 116KB)
- Guidance for universities (PDF, 348KB)
- Guidance for universities word version (DOCX, 82KB)
Four critical actions for responding to incidents, disclosures and suspicions of child abuse
The four critical actions flowchart is designed to assist providers in responding to incidents, disclosures and suspicions of child abuse. It will also assist providers to meet obligations under standard 5, which requires providers to have processes for responding to and reporting child abuse.
- Four critical actions flowchart template (PDF, 76KB)
- Four critical actions flowchart template (DOCX, 32KB)
Further information and contact details
For further information:
For queries related to contract and operations for RTOs and TAFEs, lodge a query through the Skills Victoria Training System.
For general inquiries related to the resources or the standards please email: email@example.com.