The Victorian Government is offering a range of incentives for qualified early childhood teachers and educators commencing roles delivering Three-Year-Old Kindergarten programs in Victoria.
We have outlined the incentives and application processes below and invite you to share this information with your networks.
Individual incentives of $9,000 are available for eligible early childhood teachers and educators currently working outside the Victorian early childhood sector who accept a role at any service delivering funded Three-Year-Old Kindergarten in 2024.
Location incentives of between $9,000 and $50,000 are available for eligible early childhood teachers and educators who accept a role at selected services.
Eligible applicants can apply to receive both the individual and location incentive payments.
Relocation supplements worth up to $8,000 are also available to anyone who receives an incentive and moves more than 100 kilometres from their current place of residence to take up the role.
Submit an application
To submit an incentive payment application, follow these steps:
- review the program guidelines for teachers and educators prior to lodging an application, to ensure you are eligible for an incentive. Refer to the Eligibility Checker at Appendix 1 of the guidelines to help you
- sign up or log in to the incentives portal administered by Busy at Work on behalf of the department
- click on the early childhood teacher incentives or targeted educator incentives tile in the Client Portal
- complete the online application within 60 days of accepting a role.
As part of the application process, you will need to provide Busy at Work with evidence to support your application. This includes an Employer Declaration form and evidence showing that you meet the eligibility requirements outlined in Appendix 1 of the relevant program guidelines.
About the Early Childhood Jobs website
For job seekers, the Early Childhood Jobs website connects early childhood professionals with employers seeking to fill vacancies across Victoria.
You can search for jobs that have been pre-approved for an incentive by selecting ‘DE Location Incentive’ and choosing the option from the drop-down box.
Find out more
For more information, refer to Financial support to study and work in early childhood.
For further enquiries, contact Busy at Work:
- phone: 1300 161 396
- email: EC.Financial.Support@education.vic.gov.au