Who is leading the change
- Department of Premier and Cabinet
The Victorian Secretaries Board develop and promulgate principles for purchasing services that will contribute to achieving the goals of the Statewide Family Violence Action Plan. These principles should include:
- measures to encourage service providers to collaborate in order to enable clients to receive a broader range of services
- ways of simplifying pathways of support
- ensuring victims and their children have access to a comprehensive range of services, regardless of where they live in Victoria
- allowing sufficient time for piloting, evaluation and adaptive management of new programs
The Victorian Secretaries Board developed purchasing principles in May 2016, which were agreed to through the Cabinet process.
The principles have helped to shape Ending Family Violence: Victoria's Plan for Change (10 year Plan) and informed the Family Violence Rolling Action Plan 2017-20. The principles will also be used to inform contractual arrangements with service providers and the evaluations of funded programs.
Departments and agencies have been working to implement the purchasing principles since this time. These principles will also inform the development of new funding models for family violence and related social services.
This recommendation is implemented.
Reviewed 17 May 2020