Who is leading the change
- Department of Premier and Cabinet
- Family Safety Victoria
The Victorian Secretaries Board institute working arrangements—for example, the establishment of a sub-committee—to support effective oversight of family violence prevention and responses. Membership of the sub-committee should include the Secretaries of Treasury and Finance, Justice and Regulation, Health and Human Services, and Education and Training, the Chief Commissioner of Police and the Chief Executive Officer of Court Services Victoria. The sub-committee should be chaired by the Secretary of the Department of Premier and Cabinet.
In May 2016, the Victorian Secretaries Board established the Victorian Secretaries Board Sub-committee on Family Violence Reform (VSB-SC). They will ensure collaboration and coordinate and structure the implementation of the recommendations across the whole of government.
The VSB-SC contains the following core membership:
- Secretary of the Department of Premier and Cabinet (Chair)
- Deputy Secretaries of the Department of Premier and Cabinet
- Secretary and Deputy Secretaries of Department of Treasury and Finance
- Secretary and Deputy Secretaries of Department of Justice and Regulation
- Secretary and Deputy Secretaries of Department of Health and Human Services
- Secretary and Deputy Secretaries of Department of Education and Training
- Chief Commissioner of Police
The Chief Executive Officer of Court Services Victoria will be invited to sit on the VSB-SC where appropriate.
A dedicated Family Violence Branch has been established in the Department of Premier and Cabinet to monitor and report from a whole of reform view, and provide support to the VSB-SC.
WoVG Family Violence Reform Reporting Policy was approved on 19 July 2017. VSB-SC will receive project status, interagency risk and internal action reporting.
This recommendation is implemented.
Reviewed 17 May 2020