- Priority area: Access and inclusion
- Primary audience: Educators
- Delivery mode: Resources (books, kits, manuals), group training, online
- Strength of evidence: Level 5 – Foundational research evidence
- AEDC sub-domains: Social competence – responsibility and respect
- Item cost: Moderate ($200–$2,000 per person/item)
The fkaCS Cultural Inclusion Reflective Practice Toolkit provides kindergarten services with resources that support reflection on culturally inclusive and responsive practices.
The Cultural Inclusion Reflective Practice Toolkit includes 20 provocation cards to support teachers to reflect-for-action and instigate changes in practice that builds on their capacity to deliver kindergarten programs that are culturally inclusive and responsive to the learning community participating in the kindergarten context. The provocation cards included in the toolkit can be used as a group reflection tool in staff meetings or individually as part of educators’ ongoing critically reflective practice.
A 1.5-hour facilitated learning session, using a train-the-trainer module, is provided to demonstrate how to use the provocation cards and toolkit effectively. The session can be delivered face-to-face or online.
Provocation Card Pack and Facilitated Learning Session (1.5 hours): $650 (including GST). Please note that the fkaCS does not charge for travel, resources are included in the cost.
- Target population: educators.
- Program/practice descriptions and details: the toolkit includes a 1.5-hour fkaCS facilitated learning session and a provocation card pack with 20 cards.
- Program adaptability: the fkaCS facilitated learning session can be conducted either online or face-to-face.
- Staffing: services should consider the cost of backfill when determining the cost of accessing this resource. The initial time commitment for the facilitated learning session alone is 1.5 hours.
- Australian experience: fkaCS has the capacity to deliver state-wide.
Item uses these practice principles
Item responds to these sub-outcomes