Victorian residents celebrating significant birthdays and wedding anniversaries can request a letter from the Premier.
We send letters from the Premier for the following occasions:
- 90th birthday
- 100th birthday
- birthday over 100
- golden wedding anniversary - 50 years
- diamond wedding anniversary - 60 years
- 65th and 70th wedding anniversaries
We also forward requests for consideration to the:
- Office of the Official Secretary to the Governor-General
- Office of the Governor of Victoria
- Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet
How to request a letter
Download the congratulatory message application form:
Depending on the occasion, you’ll need to provide:
- their birth certificate (for a birthday)
- their marriage certificate (for a wedding anniversary)
- or a , if you don’t have one of the above certificates
When to submit your request
To give the best chance of the letter arriving on time, you should submit your form no later than 6 weeks before the date of the birthday or anniversary.
Delivery of letters
We do our best to send out letters from the Premier in time for the birthday or anniversary. However, unforeseen circumstances may delay delivery.
If you missed the birthday or anniversary date, you can request a letter up to 1 month after the birthday or anniversary.
Reviewed 03 April 2019