The TAFE Network Statement of Priorities (the Statement) is an annual agreement between the Minister for Training and Skills and Victoria’s TAFE Network.
The Statement sets out the strategic objectives, priority activities and outcomes expected of the TAFE Network for the year ahead.
In 2023 the Statement affirms and supports TAFE’s central role in the VET sector and its contribution to addressing critical skills gaps in the economy, increasing opportunities for workforce participation for priority groups and implementing major Victorian Government commitments.
The Victorian Government is committed to ensuring the centrality of the Victorian TAFE Network within the broader VET system and to affirming the importance of public provision, including the Network’s value and unique role and purpose.
As such, the following principles underpin the content of the 2023 Statement:
- Public provision and the TAFE Network are central to the VET system.
- The TAFE Network delivers skills for Victoria’s economic growth and social inclusion.
- The TAFE Network is a partner with industry in growing Victoria’s economy.
- The TAFE Network safeguards broad access for all Victorians to training in skills linked to jobs.
- The TAFE Network is central to delivering Government’s commitments to equity and equality through vocational training and education, and key pathways for students.
TAFE Network priority areas
The 2023 Statement focuses on 4 key areas – Skills, Students, Sustainability and Staff.
The Statement is endorsed by the Minister for Training and Skills and the leaders of Victoria’s TAFE institutes and dual sector universities. Performance of TAFEs is regularly reviewed by the Office of TAFE Coordination and Delivery (OTCD).
Reviewed 15 August 2023