VicFreeWiFi is the largest and free outdoor wi-fi network of its kind in Australia.
What you get
- 1GB per day, per device
- no need to enter your personal details to join
- no ads
About the network
The pilot will run until April 2022, and is a partnership with Victorian Government, local government, and industry.
The network is managed and maintained by telecommunications company TPG.
- helps meet demand for free wi-fi connection in urban areas
- establishes communications infrastructure for future projects
- provides an opportunity to trial the Internet of Things (IoT) and advanced technologies
- has a combined coverage zone of over 600,000 square metres across Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo CBDs
New free public wi-fi networks are planned for Shepparton and Geelong as part of the Connecting Regional Communities Program. For more information visit Connecting
- phone TPG (iiNet Customer Service): 1300 668
Reviewed 27 February 2019