Premier Daniel Andrews launched the Victorian Government's 10 Year Plan to prevent and respond to family violence. It is a defining moment for the State's history, nationally and internationally.
The Victorian Government's Ending Family Violence: Plan for Change is a shared vision to free Victoria from family violence.
Working together with Victoria's first Victim Survivors' Advisory Council (VSAC) and led by the expertise of the specialist family violence sector, this plan builds on the 227 recommendations from the Royal Commission into family violence addressing how government will deliver these changes to respond and prevent family violence in the future.
The Premier speaks out about the greatest stand against family violence and our plan for change. Watch and share the Premier's video below.
The 10 Year Plan outlines:
- our shared vision for the future
- how all of the Royal Commission recommendations will be delivered
- how the voices of victims survivors, Aboriginal people and people from diverse communities have shaped and will continue to shape the future system
- who needs to be involved, with whole of community effort required to transform how we prevent and respond to family violence, underpinned by a Gender Equality Strategy and Primary Prevention Strategy
- how the support, safety and recovery of victims and vulnerable families and children will be strengthened through changes to the family violence system, but also from changes to other systems, including justice, housing and children and family services
- how perpetrators will be held to account and supported to address violent behaviours
- what existing foundations, systems and partnerships need to be built upon and sustained
- what innovation is required to create lasting change including through better coordination, information sharing, funding innovation, workforce development and improved responsiveness to diverse communities
- next steps including the delivery of a 10 Year Investment Plan and our first Rolling Action Plan to detail the concrete actions and investment to implement changes.
A high level summary of the 10 Year Plan for change. Watch and share the video.
Reviewed 04 September 2019