Department of Education and Training
Higher Education and Skills
Adult, Community and Further Education (ACFE) Division Memo
- Registered Learn Local providers
- Statewide providers
- ACFE Board
- ACFE Regional Councils
- ACFE Division staff
FROM: Jeanette Nagorcka, Executive Director, Adult, Community and Further Education Division
SUBJECT: Expression of Interest Process for ACFE 2023 Training Delivery: Digital Skills and General Pre-accredited Training
Actions / Critical Dates:
- Expressions of Interest (EOI) for ACFE 2023 Training Delivery, comprising Digital Skills and General Pre-accredited Training opens on Monday, 29 August and closes on Friday, 16 September 2022.
- Please download and review the Adult Community and Further Education 2023 Training Delivery Guidelines, check eligibility requirements and submit your Delivery Plan by Friday, 16 September 2022.
- Register for an information on Tuesday, 30 August or Wednesday, 7 September 2022 (see ACFE Division Memo 18 August 2022) and attend a Regional Forum in your local area.
- Please upload your Business Governance Statement (BGS) in SAMS2 by 30 September 2022 and ensure your signatory is up to date in SAMS2 to ensure timely contracting.
- Contact your regional office if you have any questions or need assistance.
The Learn Local sector plays a vital role in changing the lives of thousands of Victorians each year by supporting learners to achieve their learning goals. It provides opportunities for people to re-engage with education and training, participate in positive learning experiences, and gain the confidence and skills they need to improve their lives and take the next steps towards their future, whether it be further study, gaining employment, or maintaining employment by upskilling or changing careers.
The ACFE Board has developed a multi-year strategy which builds on the achievements of the sector to date, encourages innovation, and optimises the sector’s position in the adult education and training environment into the future.
The delivery of ACFE Board-funded training programs is a core component of this work.
This EOI commences the planning and allocation process for training to be delivered in 2023, aligned to the needs of learners in local communities.
The ACFE Board is supporting the Department to develop training resources and other supports to assist providers in this endeavour. A number of centrally developed resources are available in both Digital Skills and General Pre-accredited program streams. These can be adapted to meet local community needs. Providers are encouraged to look at these resources as well as their own, when planning their EOI responses.
Expression of Interest (EOI) for ACFE 2023 Training Delivery
The EOI is now open for ACFE 2023 Training Delivery, including Digital Skills and General Pre-accredited program streams.
The Adult Community and Further Education 2023 Training Delivery Guidelines including Attachment 1, ACFE 2023 Program Table cover application processes, eligibility and assessment criteria for Digital Skills and General Pre-accredited Training.
The 2023 Guidelines and Delivery Plan template covering Digital Skills and General Pre-accredited training program streams for your EOI will be made available on the Learn Local website.
To be eligible to submit an EOI, you must:
- Be registered with the Adult, Community and Further Education (ACFE) Board, or be covered by the Education and Training Reform Act 2006.
- Have a current satisfactory ACFE Board Business and Governance Status Assessment or have a current Skills First government subsidised accredited training contract.
- Upload your BGS (including financial statements) into SAMS. All BGS are due 30 September 2022. If a BGS is not received by this date, the Department cannot offer you a Service Plan for ACFE Board Digital Skills or General Pre-accredited Training.
How to submit your EOI
Attend an information session, complete the Delivery Plan template and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 16 September 2022.
Regional office staff are available if you need assistance with completing your Delivery Plan. Your regional office will also be in contact regarding upcoming regional forums which are designed to assist you in completing the EOI process.
If you wish to deliver pre-accredited training in 2023, but have not delivered in 2022, please contact your regional office as soon as possible.
Regional Office Contact Details
For further information, please contact your regional office.
North Western Victoria, Kaye Callaghan – 03 4433 7582
North Eastern Victoria, Catherine Clark – 03 9084 8573
South Eastern Victoria, Jeremy Brewer – 03 8904 2503
South Western Victoria, Georgina Ryder – 03 5215 5204
Reviewed 16 February 2023