- Wednesday, 8 May to Thursday, 9 May 2024
- Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, 1 Convention Centre Place, South Wharf, VIC 3006
- This venue is wheelchair accessible.
The Trades Fit returns in 2024
Contact us to be notified when we start accepting registrations from schools and expressions of interest from exhibitors.
The Trades Fit 2023 – a huge success!
2493 female and non-binary students attended The Trades Fit expo in 2023. More than 120 schools brought students to experience interactive activities put on by 85 exhibitors across a huge range of industries.
After attending The Trades Fit expo:
- 46% of students said they would consider a career in trades and 51% have become interested in trades and tech careers due to attending the expo
- 95% of the teachers expressed they are more inclined to recommend trades and tech pathways to their female and non-binary students in the future.
'The expo was solely dedicated to girls and non-binary [students], very engaging and interactive. Presenters very informative. Loved everything about it.' – Teacher
'[I liked] how wide the range of exhibits were and how positive and open the people were to talk and explain things.' – Student
The Trades Fit expo – what to expect.
The Trades Fit expo is hosted by the Department of Education at the Melbourne Convention Centre. At the expo, female and non-binary students gain insight into exciting career opportunities in traditionally male-dominated fields, through practical learning experiences, technology displays, information sessions and panel discussions.
The Trades Fit provides a safe and equitable space where students engage with female tradies, apprentices and representatives, providing insight into the breadth of career pathways where women and non-binary people are underrepresented.
Exhibitors include trade and tech professionals in:
- building, construction & engineering
- refrigeration, electrical & plumbing
- automotive, marine & aviation
- clean energy
- transport and logistics
- horticulture & landscaping
- gaming, cloud & robotics
- civil assets management & infrastructure
- essential services & fire protection
- and more.