On this page:
|Title||Community Based Emergency Management - Working Together Before, During and After|
|Owner||Emergency Management Victoria|
|Date last updated||May 2016|
What is this about?
The Community Based Emergency Management Overview provides key information for communities and organisations to better understand, participate in and further develop a community based approach. It aims to guide people to build on combined strengths, by working together to identify local priorities and develop mutual goals and solutions.
This includes building relationships and using locally tailored processes for communities, emergency management agencies, government, business, industry and non-government organisations to participate in decision making processes that affect them.
Who is this resource for?
- State Government
- Local Government
- Community Service Organisation
- Non Government Organisation
- Community Recovery Committees
Table of contents
- Who should use this Overview?
- What is the vision?
- Why do we need this approach?
- What is community based emergency management?
- Guiding principles
- Working together to build on combined strengths
- Figure 1 – Key focus areas to guide discussion
- Supporting policies and programs
- Continual improvement
- Further information
Reviewed 08 November 2021