Contact the Office of the Chief Parliamentary Counsel

Contact the Office of the Chief Parliamentary Counsel to make a complaint, suggestion or a protected disclosure.

Contact us


You can make a complaint about the conduct of a person or entity in the Department of Premier and Cabinet by contacting one of our protected disclosure officers.

You have the right to:

  • make a complaint about a public officer or body
  • report corrupt or improper conduct in the public sector
  • not worry about something bad happening because of making the complaint

Protected disclosures

You can report known or suspected corrupt or improper conduct engaged in by the Office of the Chief Parliamentary Counsel (OCPC) or a person in OCPC. This may be done as a protected disclosure under the Protected Disclosure Act 2012.

The Act protects the person who makes a protected disclosure from retaliation. The Act also maintains the confidentiality of the disclosure.

Protected disclosures are referred to the Independent, Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission (IBAC).

How to make a protected disclosure

Protected disclosures:

  • can be made by any individual (but not a business or company)
  • can be made verbally or in writing
  • can be made anonymously
  • can be made by someone else on your behalf (though you may not get the Act's full protections)
  • must be made to a protected disclosure officer

What happens next

You will be notified within 28 days of making the disclosure whether it has been considered to be a protected disclosure and IBAC has been notified. If this is the case, you must not inform anyone of this.

If your disclosure is not considered to be a protected disclosure, you may want to make a complaint via use DPC's complaints handling process.

How we assess a protected disclosure

OCPC has established procedures for receiving and handling these reports and determining whether they are protected disclosures.

These procedures have been prepared in accordance with the Protected Disclosure Act 2012 and the guidelines of the Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission.

Find more information about making and handling protected disclosures page for more information.

Complaints to the Ombudsman

If you want to make a complaint about OCPC to the Ombudsman visit their Complaints page.

Reviewed 27 February 2020

Was this page helpful?