Recognised and respected leaders in whole of Victorian Government policy and performance.
The Department of Premier and Cabinet (DPC) supports the Victorian Government’s commitment to a stronger, fairer, better Victoria by pursuing excellence in whole of Victorian Government service delivery and reform.
We do this by supporting the ministerial portfolios of the Premier, Deputy Premier, Special Minister of State, the Ministers for Aboriginal Affairs, Equality, Industrial Relations, Multicultural Affairs, Veterans, Women, and Youth as well as the Cabinet.
DPC’s mission is to support the people of Victoria by:
- helping government achieve its strategic objectives;
- providing leadership to the public sector to improve its effectiveness; and
- promoting collaboration across government to drive performance and improve outcomes.
Strong Policy Outcomes
- DPC’s policy advice and its support for Cabinet, committee members and the Executive Council are valued and inform decision making
- Quality infrastructure drives economic growth activity in Victoria.
- The development and effective use of technology supports productivity and competitiveness
- Pursue policy and service delivery excellence and reform
- Lead the public sector response to significant state issues, policy challenges and projects
- Support the effective administration of government
- Increased opportunities for participation by members of the Victorian community in the social, cultural, economic and democratic life of Victoria
- Support and promote full participation in strong and vibrant communities
- Empower citizens to participate in policy making and service design
- Ensure a holistic approach to social policy and service delivery
Professional Public Administration
- A values-driven, high-integrity public service characterised by employees who collaborate across government and in partnership with the community and other sectors, and who use evidence to support decisions that drive the progress of Victoria socially and economically
- Foster and promote a high-performing public service, including through the implementation of the Jobs and Skills Exchange, enabling cross-government collaboration and facilitation of VPS staff career opportunities
- Protect the values of good public governance, integrity and accountability in support of public trust
- DPC acts as a high performing department across the whole of Victorian Government
- Empower our people and invest in our culture
- Ensure efficient and effective processes and systems
- Ensure strong governance and risk management
- Develop the skills and capabilities of our workforce and create agile, responsive and high-performing DPC and VPS
- Collaborate to deliver strong results
- Exercise innovative thinking
- Lead, coach and develop others
- Build and support effective relationships
- Commit to achieving high-quality outcomes
- Use resources effectively and efficiently
- Attract, develop and retain diverse talent
- Share knowledge to drive stronger outcomes
- Quality assure our work
- Implement systems to improve our delivery
Our public sector values
- Commitment to Human Rights
Reviewed 30 July 2019