The department has developed a new Best Start, Best Life Workforce Strategy focused on attracting, supporting and retaining the early childhood workforce Victorian children and their families need.
As part of the refreshed strategy, we are launching the new Early Childhood Tertiary Partnerships (ECTP) program.
About the Early Childhood Tertiary Partnerships program
The ECTP program builds on the existing Innovative Initial Teacher Education (IITE) program, which helps diploma-qualified educators to complete a bachelor’s degree through a compressed program of study, with enhanced financial and extra supports.
From 2024, the ECTP program will support more students to study and become early childhood teachers (ECTs) and educators.
The program will support students to undertake the following qualifications at 10 selected providers, including universities, TAFEs and Registered Training Organisations (RTOs):
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Graduate Diploma in Early Childhood Education.
Study time will vary depending on qualification level and model of delivery.
Prospective students will be able to access a range of tailored supports, depending on their program, including:
- financial supports
- academic and placement mentoring
- relocation supports for regional placements
- culturally responsive professional resources.
Find out more
For more information, refer to the Early Childhood Tertiary Partnerships (ECTP) program.