Casual Relief Teacher Professional Learning
The Department of Education is pleased to inform providers of a grant opportunity of up to $2.25 million to expand the current state-wide Casual Relief Teacher (CRT) Professional Learning program (as part of a Common Funding Agreement). The entire funding is for 2.5 years, commencing on 30 January 2024 and concluding on 30 June 2026.
The purpose of the funding is to engage a suitably qualified provider to design and deliver a professional learning program to support approximately 8000 CRTs, of which approximately 2500 CRTs teaching directly in Victorian government schools. This program aims to ensure CRTs continue to build capability and grow their professional practice by engaging in necessary professional learning and maintain their Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT) registration.
The Department of Education looks forward to working with the successful provider.
At a high level, the department is seeking the following program components:
- The design, delivery and administration of webinars, facilitated virtual discussions/workshops, delivered both live and an on-demand format
- The design, delivery and administration of in person professional development activities, for example in person workshops and teacher meets
- Development and implementation of a marketing and engagement plan, for each delivery year.
- Online modules/content
- An existing, functional learning portal/platform which will accommodate access to all sector and state-wide current and new CRTs
- Technical support and learning support, if required by CRTs and the department
- Preparation and issuing of student completion certificates and reporting requirements to meet Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT) registration policy and process.
The grant will commence on 30 January 2024.
30 January 2024 to 30 June 2026