Nineteen leaders in early childhood education and development are in the running for top honours at the 2022 Victorian Early Years Awards on Wednesday 9 November 2022.
Now in their 17th year, the awards celebrate the exceptional contributions of the early childhood education sector.
The achievements of this year’s finalists again highlight the vital work happening to support the early years of children’s lifelong education journeys.
Across 7 categories, including Early Childhood Teacher of the Year, the awards recognise achievement, dedication and innovation in improving outcomes for young children and their families. You can learn more about the finalists and their achievements at the Victorian Early Years Awards website. Their inspiring stories include:
- a service supporting children experiencing homelessness and family violence to remain in education
- a coalition of organisations taking a whole-of-city approach to supporting children and families to access the support they need to thrive
- a free toy-lending library for pre-school children from migrant and refugee families
- a service that comprehensively assessed and modified their environment, systems and practices to support all children to fully participate in learning
- a leadership team who developed a locally relevant and meaningful bush kinder program for their community.
Winners receive a grant of $15,000 towards professional development or to further develop their program or initiative.
Find out more
For more information on the awards, refer to the Victorian Early Years Awards website.