|Title||Disaster Recovery Toolkit for Local Government 07 - Engaging the Community in Disaster Recovery|
|Owner||Emergency Management Victoria|
|Date last updated||December 2014|
What is this about?
This toolkit is one of eight designed to support Local Government to understand, prepare for and actively support the recovery of their communities following a disaster.
Toolkit 07, Engaging the community in disaster recovery, examines how councils can support community-led recovery and engage with the community more effectively to support recovery.
The Local Government Recovery Toolkit is currently being updated. The toolkit will become part of a Local Government Emergency Management Toolkit.
Who is this resource for?
- Local Government
Table of contents
- What is community engagement?
- Why is community engagement different following a disaster?
- Support community-led decision making structures
- Build on the community's networks
- Foster trust
- Engage the whole community
- Use effective engagement methods
- Key councils roles in community engagement
Reviewed 08 November 2021