LCV’s success will be measured against the following goals:
1. Fair, strong and accountable
The right regulation in the right circumstances for dealing with the right risk.
- We provide certainty by being transparent, consistent, communicative, and accessible.
- We use the right regulation in the right circumstances for dealing with the right risk.
- We use risk-based actions to reduce harm.
- We consider individual circumstances in the application of the law.
- We are accountable to the Minister and our stakeholders and act fairly and responsibly in all our actions and decision making.
2. Engaged and listening
Working with the community, industry, and other stakeholders to achieve a reduction in harm.
- We work with the community, industry, and other stakeholders to achieve a reduction in harm.
- We provide accessible information and education which supports awareness and promotes compliance.
- We create an environment which promotes harm minimisation, best practice, and a culture of self-regulation by the community and business.
- We listen for current and emerging issues and industry practices to inform our risk analysis and information / data sharing with co-regulators and others in support of the objectives of the Act.
3. Proactive and responsive
Anticipating, identifying, and assessing new opportunities, the changing nature of business and emerging risks for the community.
- We remain vigilant and anticipate, identify, and assess new opportunities, the changing nature of business, and emerging risk for the community.
- We have confidence and assurance that the regulatory framework is operating effectively and delivers on the objectives of the Act and is ‘fit for purpose.’
- We continuously improve our processes, inform government as necessary of our findings and advise government of potential regulatory changes to enhance the effectiveness of the regulatory framework.
4. Enhanced capability and regulatory expertise
Continuously developing our capability and expertise to always achieve best practice in what we do.
- We are a capable and adaptive organisation by having the right people in the right roles to enable us to achieve our regulatory purpose.
- We continuously develop our capability and expertise to always achieve best practice in what we do.
- We have a positive and innovative culture working across government and with the community and other stakeholders.
- We have access to appropriate resources, capacity, and are able to readily draw on new skills and capabilities as required to sustain and improve liquor regulation in Victoria.