All Victorians live in a safe and equal society, have access to equal power, resources and opportunities, and are treated with dignity, respect and fairness.
Gender equality across life stages
- Childhood and youth
- Older age
- All life stages
What we aim to achieve
- Cultural change – Victoria is free from limiting gender norms and is an equal, fair and inclusive place for all genders.
- Health and wellbeing – the health and wellbeing of Victorians is not limited by gender.
- Safety and respect – all Victorians are safe and treated with respect.
- Economic equity – the economic rights and opportunities of Victorians are not limited by gender.
- The public sector as a leader – the Victorian Government leads by example and advances reforms for gender equality.
- We will focus on structural and cultural change.
- We support Aboriginal self-determination.
- We will centre inclusion, diversity and accessibility.
- Gender equality is everyone’s responsibility.
- Our actions include new commitments, areas for future work, and successful programs and policies.