What is SDP?
SDP is a secure and scalable web publishing platform designed to consolidate, manage and develop Victorian government websites.
Established on Drupal in 2016, SDP has evolved into a comprehensive web publishing solution. SDP has over 120+ web presences across all the departments and many agencies.
SDP enables you to quickly stand up a web presence that is secure, compliant, trusted and easy to use
SDP is used successfully in a range of day-to-day Government cases, and it has proven highly effective at rapid response to critical situations such as the COVID-19 pandemic and the Optus data breach.
SDP’s design simplifies the digital experience for citizens, ensuring they can easily find, understand, and engage with government.
Features and services
Content management system
A Drupal platform facilitating streamlined content creation, optimisation, and management with:
- unlimited account access to a comprehensive set of publishing tools and components out of the box that meet Government publishing needs
- easy to use forms for the collection of open and sensitive data
- Google Analytics dashboards
- access to the WoVG data layer if you have custom requirements (charges apply)
- revision history and federated publishing approvals for greater visibility of authorisations
- domain management - manage your own redirects in your own time.
Publishing support and training
Guidance and online training modules for content publishing, supplemented by a knowledge base. Includes:
- support to publishing best practise via our online content training and help centre
- Community of Practice to bring the Victorian government publishing community closer together
- content migration automation. Making it easier to implement your migration into SDP with bulk migrations of content from external sites (charges apply).
A robust design framework ensuring web accessibility standards, offering design prototyping tools and flexible branding options, including:
- technical and design compliance to WCAG accessibility 2.1 AA
- ready-made Figma files for easy design and prototyping
- out of the box colour creation and branding for non vic.gov.au sites (charges apply).
IT features and support
Up-to-date secure software integrations, backed by responsive support services, protective measures, and reliable hosting.
- upgrades to latest versions of Drupal (CMS) and Ripple (design system)
- security assessment and updates to IRAP standards
- support desk to address bug fixes and solve problems
- outage and update alerts
- a grounded cyber management approach to block bots or people trying to bring down the system
- proven performance to handle high traffic
- content availability even in outages (disaster recovery)
- archive and decommission service
- fully hosted websites (charges apply). Managed by you or us, according to your needs.