The Victorian Sick Pay Guarantee provides eligible casual and contract workers with a guarantee they will receive sick pay when they can’t go to work. Because no worker should have to choose between a day’s pay and their health – or the health of a loved one.
Victoria is the first state to provide sick and carer’s pay to casual and contract workers.
The three-year pilot program is fully funded by the Victorian Government. The pilot has been extended for another year and will now run until 13 March 2025.
- Food, hospitality and accommodation
- Retail, sales and supermarkets
- Factories, manufacturing and supermarket supply chains
- Administration, clerical and call centres
- Cleaning and laundry
- Beauty, fitness, tourism and outdoor recreation
- Taxi, rideshare and delivery driving
- Carers, aides, health and welfare support
- Farm, agriculture, forestry, gardening and animal care
- Arts and creative industries
For the full list of eligible jobs, see How to sign up - eligible jobs.
- 15 years or older.
- Physically work in Victoria.
- Have the right to work in Australia.
- Work an average of 7.6 hours per week or more in an eligible job.
- Don’t have access to paid sick and carer’s leave entitlements at any job.
For more information about eligibility, see who is eligible.